Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Crazy Parades!
A few blog entries ago, I mentioned the seemingly spontaneous parades I see down MeiCuen Rd (the road that our window faces) every so often. Well, the biggest of all (so far) took place the other day. At about 11 in the morning, I heard a bunch of fireworks go off—the Pop! Pop! Pop! kind, they just make noise and smoke. I looked outside and there was this realllllly long parade. People were dressed up as gods and there were musicians and guys lighting off fireworks. Not just the noisy ones, but the BIG fireworks that shoot into the air and make a really loud BOOM! They didn’t create a colorful explosion, so I don’t think they were Roman Candles. But they were big like that, and loud. And they were lighting them off as they went down the street, so the fireworks were exploding right outside of high-rises. As I watched the parade, I realized it was only a matter of time before they lit some right outside our window, so I went inside for a while. They ended up lighting them not directly outside our window but a bit down the street and I got a video on Mike’s camera. One of these videos is from my camera, so there’s no sound, but you can see them lighting the smaller fireworks and see all the smoke they generate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
where's the marching band? It is a real parade unless it has a marching band..
isn't
Post a Comment