Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Toothiness

I chipped my tooth with my own tooth!! It's civil war in here!

My upper left incisor is now missing a small chunk of enamel. It’s not a full-on “chip,” and it’s not really noticeable, but I can certainly feel it! I was eating old, chewy bread when my upper teeth slid behind my lower teeth pretty suddenly and with force. After I was eating my tooth felt different, so I studied it in the mirror, and I could see that a little layer of the enamel on my incisor is gone! I think my lower incisor scraped it off. Honestly, you can’t really see it, and I couldn’t even get a picture of it, but it’s bothering the heck out of me. It feels sandpaper-y. All you can see is that the corner is kinda yellow-ish. It’s kind of like if you peeled the paint off of a picnic table. It’s just a little layer that’s gone. But it’s driving me crazy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, sorry to hear about your tooth(great dental description though). Sounds like it just needs to be polished or bonded. You've probably been grinding and weakened the enamel. We'll make you a night guard when you get back. In the mean time you may have to wait for it to smooth out on it's own or find a dentist to "polish it". We've been faithful readers. You are having the kind of experiences you'll remember the rest of your life. Your teaching method strikes a good balance for your students. Sam's chinese teachers try to strike that balance but have difficulty with the humor part. Good news: Lakehurst has a Chipotles with margaritas! That's as exciting as it gets here. Tom, Cheri, and Sam