Tuesday, May 5, 2009

GAAAAH

I'm really getting tired of the burping and nose-picking that go unnoticed in this culture. I'm tired of watching children AND adults pick their noses without shame. And I'm tired of my students burping in my face. I had a girl tonight who burped twice and made the whole room smell for several minutes. Yes, it was that bad.

It's driving me crazy! Screw you, culture shock!

4 comments:

Michael Goldberg said...

Yeah there is no consideration for other people. I suppose when society is as crowded as it is in Taiwan and China it's hard to please everybody.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog, but yes...you are definitely going through culture shock!!! I have lived in Taiwan for several years and have lived in Japan..and am now a teacher in the United States going on five years.....American kids do the same thing! My kids far and burp all day, without any inkling of the people around them
:) As far as the whole nose picking thing..I think most kids here are way too embarassed to do that...especially in a middle school where I work! hehehe

mama lanni said...

Ok, I am disgusted by this entry...

Billie said...

I feel for you girl...that is just disgusting.