Thursday, June 25, 2009

Miscellaneous

First, a cute picture of Nico and I.

Secondably, I finished my cross-stitching project! Yes, I cross-stitch. Some of you might not know that. My favorite thing ever is to cross-stitch while listening to This American Life with a cup of tea/glass of wine. Yes, all I need now is a rocking chair and arthritis and I'm the perfect old person. The problem with having cross-stitching as a hobby is that most cross-stitching projects are ugly. U-G-L-Y. This geisha one is an exception in my opinion.
I only started cross-stitching last year, so I'm a newb, and this is the largest one I've ever made, and I still can't do a French Knot to save my life. The reason I share this on my Taiwan blog is that since I now live alone, I have no one to say, "Look, look what I did!!!" to. So...lucky you!

Thirdably, I discovered this outside the mall by my school. It was night so the pictures came out poorly, but it's a kiwi rock band. Kiwi. Rock. Band.

4 comments:

Katie B said...

woah, that cross-stich looks great! I'm super impressed!

I looked up that restaurant in Chicago- looks delectable!

mom said...

That cross-stitch is fantastic.. omg, I love it! It'll look great, framed! That pic of you and Nico is on my desktop!! although you both look a bit shorter and wider..

Michael Goldberg said...

Whoa they stole that Kiwi rock band idea from the California Raisins!

Beccah said...

I was thinking the exact same thing as Mike!!!!