Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Enoch

Every once in a while, Enoch will mention Herbalife. One time he told me that he eats Herbalife every day for breakfast. The last time he mentioned it was when I first played the YMCA song for them.

"HERBALIFE SONG!" he exclaimed.

I finally asked Teacher May if one of his parents works for Herbalife or something, because he's like a little spokesperson. Sure enough, BOTH his parents work for Herbalife. I love how he associates the YMCA song with Herbalife and how he has a Herbalife bag and talks about it all the time. They're a little Herbalife family.

Enoch said some cute stuff today as well, which is why I started this post in the first place.

First, when I asked if one could drive to Italy from Taiwan, he said yes.

"Yes? You can drive a car on the water?"
"YES," he said. He proceeded to explain that his uncle's car, a "Landrover Discovery" could most definitely drive on the water.

I love when things like this happen, where a kid is explaining something to me in broken English, and they throw in a random piece of vocabulary. In this case, Landrover Discovery. And then when what they're convinced of doesn't make sense. I don't know where he got the idea that a Landrover could drive across the ocean. Maybe someone told him the Landrover didn't have much trouble going through flood water or something. I like how he interpreted it to mean that the Landrover could go through the Taiwan Strait.

Enoch isn't coming back to this school next year, and he isn't coming back for the summer camp either, so this is his last week with us. He's quite a force in the dynamics of our class, so it will be weird. But anyway, he was telling me how he has only four more days left with us.

"I...school...today, 4 days. Tomorrow, 3 days. Thursday, 2 days. Friday, 1 day. No days!" is how he explained it to me. I asked him if he would miss us. After explaining the meaning of the verb 'to miss,' he responded, "I have picture so I look at picture and I no miss." So cute.

2 comments:

Michael Goldberg said...

You definitely got lucky getting such a great class at St. James. A class like that would never happen at Kojen.

Beccah said...

You need to bring Enoch home.