Tuesday, September 1, 2009

THE PLAN

So with all this crazy talk of things coming to an end, I thought I should update you on my plan for the rest of 2009. Now that I've actually purchased plane ticket #1 I feel like I can talk about it in less theoretical terms. But it's still a bit up in the air.

THE PLAN
Oct 1: last day of work

Oct 2: leave Taiwan. Fly to Hong Kong.

Oct 2 - Oct 7, 8, or 9: have fun in Hong Kong

Oct 7 or 8 or 9: fly from Hong Kong to California (likely two flights)

Two weeks or so: hang out with Dad in California

October 25: back in Illinois. Take the GRE again. Organize my junk. Get my teeth cleaned. Apply to grad schools.

Second week of November: go to Argentina to visit Beccah.

November 25 or something: return to Illinois again. Eat an absurd amount of turkey and candied yams. Enjoy the holidays.

2010: get a job or something. :)

The reason I don't know when I'm leaving Hong Kong exactly is because Mike's family is super super super super super super super super super super super super super nice and is letting me use a family pass thing on United. So technically I fly standby, and I won't know which day has the most open seats until a couple weeks ahead of time. Did I mention how super nice Mike's family is?

As for grad schools, don't even ask. One of my goals for September is to figure all that out. I'm torn. I'm starting to think I should be less melodramatic about it and just do something. See how it turns out. We'll see.

I'm going to be completely broke by the end of November, but I figure it would be REALLY REALLY REALLY stupid not to visit Beccah in South America if I can. It's really a choice between being stupid (spending all my money in SA) and being stupid (not going to SA when I had the chance). Eh, I'll just call myself a Bohemian as I walk around with no money whatsoever..."That's right, I'm broke ON PURPOSE." Wow, I never realized what a fine line it is between Bohemian and Stupid.

So that's THE PLAN!

6 comments:

Michael Goldberg said...

I'm jealous of you going to Hong Kong and Argentina. When you're in grad school I'll be sure to travel everywhere, ha!

Beccah said...

If it makes you feel any better, Argentina is MUCH cheaper than the States. So, really, you'll be saving money here! At least on food, public transportation, hotels/hostels, and coffee.

Tess said...

You're also coming to visit me at school!!!! :D

mama lanni said...

Does Mike have a nice family?

Anonymous said...

Carolyn I miss you! Come visit me too! I have kittens! They chased Kit and licked her feet.
~Holly

Unknown said...

sounds like a pretty awesome plan! I wish I had time to do all that traveling!