Sunday, September 13, 2009

Teacher Dinner!

Tonight I went out to dinner with my two co-teachers from my morning school--Teacher May and Teacher Vicky. And Vicky's daughter, Catherine. We went to this big European-style restaurant called Walnut's Castle. Wow, did we eat a lot of food!

First we got some raw vegetables with a blueberry yogurt dipping sauce. I don't think I've ever dipped vegetables in a sweet dip, just fruit. But it was delicious! What a great idea. And one of the vegetables was a Chinese yam, which tastes like a crunchy pear, but less sweet. Really tasty.

Then we had some bread, and then some soup with a big puff pastry on top.

THEN we got our main courses, and I had ordered their famous dill chicken. It was good! Then we had tea and a mango & grape jello-ish dessert. I think I may explode.

May and Vicky are awesome! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm so lucky I worked at that school.

I was talking to May about what she's going to do next (she's working at the school until next month) and she isn't sure. She's trying to decide, and she said she feels like she has too many choices. HA! Don't I know the feeling! Whenever I think of my indecisiveness I chuckle at my spoiledness and think, "Ahh, the trials and tribulations of a 21st century, middle-class, white, American girl." But May is in the same boat. A boat in a vast sea with a broken compass that says every direction is north.

But it was a really nice time and I hope we all keep in touch. :)

Here are some pictures I tried my best to retouch. Yeah, I look way too excited in that last one.

2 comments:

Michael Goldberg said...

Your hair grew back fast!

mama lanni said...

I like the boat analogy. Well done. And Mike is right, your hair grew FAST!You look great.