Thursday, September 24, 2009

Purple Drink

So I mentioned the juice stand down the street back when I was really making an effort to do something new every day (yeah I kinda lost track of that back in late spring when I was working 50-60 hours a week...ooops). I was using the juice stand a lot to try new kinds of juice.

Now that I have just one week left I'm on a juice stand binge. I go there all the time. The other day I tried a mix of chinese yam, mung bean, and milk. I had no idea what mung bean was. I saw her throw some mushy green stuff in the blender and thought, "Oh no!" but it was good. I realized I'd had mung bean before when Mike and I went hiking in Dakeng and got some cold soup, apparently called tang shui, or, sugar water. It was good.

Tonight I got a mix of chinese yam, "pearly barley," and milk. The pearly barley was white-ish mush with pearl-like blobs. It's delicious! Like a hearty milkshake.

This is what it looks like. Yeah, I drank half of it before taking a picture.
I want that purple stuff...
Dave Chappelle anyone? (Warning: explicit...and hilarious)

Sorry, that was a running joke in our apartment all last year.

So yeah, it's good.

And yes, Mike, this entire entry was solely created so I could make a purple stuff joke. Kit would be proud.

No comments: